- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- 2 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- 5 januari, 2018
By Jolinda Hackett
Tasty hamburgers with tofu for vegetarians.
- First, make sure your tofu is well drained and well-pressed. Nobody likes a watery veggie burger, and if you leave too much moisture in the tofu, you'll have trouble forming patties.
- Once your tofu is well pressed and drained, gently mash into small crumbles in a large bowl.
- Add the diced onions, diced green onions, wheat germ, flour, garlic powder, soy sauce and a dash of pepper into the bowl along with the tofu and mix to combine well.
- Next, gently form the tofu mixture into patties, pressing everything together to form round patties about 1-inch thick.
- Fry patties in oil in a large skillet until lightly golden brown and crisp, about 5 to 6 minutes on each side.